I've been thinking a lot about this Scripture lately. During this whole adoption process, there are so many unknowns. It's become common for me to be awake in bed at night thinking about all the things that need to be done and wondering how we'll ever GET them done. It's at those times that fear comes. And I know that fear is NOT from God. (2 Timothy 1:7--God has not given us a spirit of fear...)
Still, my human mind wants to control, wants to work things out; instead of trusting that my Father in heaven already HAS it all worked out. He's simply inviting me along to experience the journey.
So, I'm encouraging myself with Exodus 14:14 today. I'm reminding myself that the Israelites, though struck to the core with fear at what seemed to be a position of no escape, got to see God's mighty, miracle-working power--all because they kept silent and allowed Him to fight for them.
- We now have our passports! (wahoo!!) :)
- Therefore, the next stack of paperwork is in progress
- To complete the next stack of paperwork quickly and correctly
- For all meetings/paperwork/etc. that need to happen--that they would happen swiftly
- Please pray favor upon our paperwork, our meetings and all other requirements that we have to go through in order to move forward
- We're still waiting to receive the first draft of our homestudy--please pray that we'll receive it VERY soon.