Begin Home Study Commit to children
- Begin fundraising for adoption costs (ongoing)
- Complete Home Study (Study is complete, we're just waiting to receive our FINAL in the mail!!)
Medical Exams & blood tests (both parents) State Police Clearance (both parents) FBI Clearance (required by our home study agency) Apply for and receive passports
- Have taxes done (hoping to have these completed by the 2nd week of February)
Meet with a lawyer to get will in order
- Have all documents notarized (over half way done on this)
- Have all documents apostilled (we'll be driving these papers there so we can get them back same day)
- Complete the I600-A form (this form is for people adopting internationally)
- Wait for the I171-H form (simply put--we're officially approved to adopt internationally)
- Ship all paperwork to country (via Fed Ex, so should only take 4-5 days)
- Wait for documents to be translated and checked in country (3-4 weeks)
- Wait for Dossier to be checked by governing agencies (3-4 weeks)
- Wait for travel invitation (1-2 weeks from above step)
- Travel to country for court date (usually a couple of weeks from date of invitation)
- Time in country, getting to know our kids and taking care of legal requirements (2-3 weeks)
- Back to USA for a brief waiting period (about 10 days--during this time, we hope to purchase some clothing to take back for our children, and love on our kids here that we've not seen for 2-3 weeks!)
- Final trip to country to officially bring children HOME! (10-14 days, approximately--only one parent has to return for this trip)
As is the case with international adoption, we must remain fluid & flexible. Things can change at any moment, but this is--at least--a good idea of what we can expect. As you can see, things are moving pretty quickly. That's really awesome, but also a little scary (we've still got a LOT of money to raise!)
Please continue to pray:
- That we will receive our final Home Study soon and that all revisions will be correct (and that all other required documents will be included in the correct manner).
- That our I600A form, when we send it in, will be processed quickly and efficiently.
- For continued wisdom and guidance as we walk this road.